Northern Irish cuisine has definitely come on in recent years but sometimes you cant knock tradition. I’ve been eating good old cabbage and bacon as long as I can remember – always washed down with a big glass of buttermilk.
- Gilfresh/Tesco NI green cabbage, cored and shredded
- 110g Cookstown Smoked bacon
- 55g Dromona butter (and then some!)
- Melt some butter in the pan, add your bacon.
- Fry until the fat is nice and crispy.
- Add the cabbage and give it a good mix together.
- Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes until the cabbage is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper, and some more butter
Pour buttermilk and enjoy!