Carrot and Feta Burgers serves four
15 mins to prepare, 20 mins to cook, 231 calories per serving
- 2 red onions, 1 sliced, 1 chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 x 390g tin green lentils, drained
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 200g Tesco NI carrots, coarsely grated
- 75g TS Foods savory breadcrumbs
- 1 Skea egg
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1 x 70g pack wild rocket
For the tzatziki
- 100g (3 1/2oz) cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 100g (3 1/2oz) Dale Farm Spelga Low Fat Bio Natural Yogurt
- 1/3 x 30g pack mint, leaves chopped
Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Marinate the sliced onions with the lemon juice for 30 minutes; drain.
Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the chopped onion for 2-3 minutes. Add the lentils and turn up the heat. Cook for 2 minutes to evaporate the liquid, adding the cumin towards the end. Tip into a bowl.
Add the carrot, breadcrumbs and egg to the bowl and mix. Fold in the feta and shape into 4 burgers 8cm wide and 2cm tall. Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper; bake for 15 minutes.
Mix the cucumber with the yogurt and mint; season. Serve the burger with a dollop of tzatziki and the rest alongside, with the marinated onion and rocket.
Tip: You can serve the burgers, tzatziki and salad in wholemeal rolls. They also taste great cold, making an ideal lunch on the move.