Leek, Potato and Rosemary Soup serves four
15 mins to prepare, 40 mins to cook, 180 calories per serving
- 50g (2oz) unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 3 Tesco NI leeks, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 550g (18oz) Wilson’s Country Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm (3/4in) cubes
- 800ml (1 1/4 pints) hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 200ml (7fl oz) Tesco NI semi skimmed milk
- 6 slices prosciutto, torn into strips (optional)
- 2 tbsp chives, to garnish
Melt the butter in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan over a medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and add the onion, rosemary, leeks, garlic and potato chunks, stirring gently. Season well, cover with a lid and allow the vegetables to soften for about 12 minutes without colouring. Give the saucepan a good shake half way through to prevent anything catching on the bottom.
Add the stock and milk to the pan, stir thoroughly and continue to cook for a further 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are falling apart. Purée the soup in a blender or using a handheld blender, adding a little more hot water if needed to reach the desired consistency.
Return the soup to the pan to warm through. Season to taste.
If you’re using the prosciutto, heat a small frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the slices for a minute until they are just crisp.
Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with a slice of hot prosciutto and a scattering of chives.