Super Fruit Oat Cookies serves ten
20 mins to prepare and 15 mins to cook, 30 mins to cool / 251 calories per serving
- 225g (7 1/2oz) White’s rolled oats
- 225g (7 1/2oz) Neill’s plain flour
- 250g (8 oz) Buchanan’s mixed dried fruits, larger ones halved
- 140g (4 1/2oz) Golden Cow unsalted butter
- 225g (7 1/2oz) light soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 90ml (3 fl oz) maple syrup
Heat oven to gas 3, 170°C, fan 150°C. Line 3 large baking trays with non-stick baking parchment. In a bowl mix the oats, flour and dried fruit with a pinch of salt, then set aside.
Put the butter, sugar and maple syrup in a medium saucepan. Once melted remove from the heat. Boil a kettle then mix the boiling water and bicarbonate of soda in a small bowl, pour this into the butter and sugar mix, it will froth up so stir to combine. Mix this into the oat mixture and stir until combined.
Use an ice-cream scoop to make balls of the mixture and put on the lined trays, leaving lots of space between them. Flatten each ball slightly.
Bake for 13-15 mins, depending on if you want a more chewy or crunchy cookie. They will set as they cool. The trays on the bottom of the oven shelf may need to come out 2-3 mins after the tray at the top. Cool for a minute on the tray, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.